Saturday, February 1, 2014

One Month Down


Phase 2 is here. It cannot believe how fast the last month went by. I made a full month without soda. This was a big victory for me, because soda was in away my drug of choice. I only craved soda at work and I do not know why, but I think it was a stress reliever, just as smoking is for most people. Phase 1, was all about giving up soda. After doing the math, I figured out that I was taking in 5,000 calories in five days just from soda. Now, times that number by four and I was taking in 20,000 extra calories in just one month. That is crazy. Now here are my official numbers…

Weight: 209lbs, I lost 7lbs since January 1, my official starting weight was 216lbs. I am also down 12lbs from my heaviest of 221lbs and I am only 8lbs away from where my doctor wants me to be for my next physical in May, but I think I am going to exceed that number.

Height: 5’9

Waist: 36 inches

Shirt Size: Extra Large

Another goal that goes along with this journey is to fit into H&M clothes. Last year, I tried to buy an outfit, and when I was searching the racks, I did not see my size. I asked the employee, and they told me that they could not carry it. This was another wake up call for me. I am hoping before summer to reach this goal.
Phase 2 of my journey, is all about planning my meals and counting points/calories.  Why am I doing this a month into my journey? I said it before; I did not want to give up everything all at once.  I figured I would be more successful if I could space everything out that I was giving up and cutting back on, and so far so good. Phase 2, I will also be trying to build up my Facebook page. This past week, I got 31 new likes, which has been very motivating. Finally, in phase 2 I will be doing weekly official weigh ins and posting results on my Facebook page and blog. Welcome to Phase 2.


“Think Healthy Not Just Thin”

No comments:

Post a Comment