Friday, January 24, 2014

A Week Away...

I am getting excited that I am almost a week away from making one month without soda. I was surprised that I only had one withdrawal day. On day 2, without soda I woke up from a deep sleep with the worse headache that I ever experience.  I tried a few things such as coffee, aspirin, and tried to sleep it off, but nothing helped. I had to deal with it all day and night, by day 3 I was fine. The days that followed I was shocked that I had no cravings, even at work where I drank soda the most.  I think it was because I had replaced it with Fruit Water. Fruit Water is flavored water that you can get anywhere. My favorite is black raspberry. It has zero calories, has carbonation like a soda, comes in plenty of different flavors and it even has vitamins. This is much better choice than my over 200-calorie soda. Now, that my one-month without soda is approaching, that means Phase 2 of my journey will be starting.  Next week, I have 3 days off, which will be a big help for me. That means I can start plan out the following week and go food shopping to get everything I need to start phase 2.  My biggest challenge about meals is my schedule. Working in retail, I do not have a set schedule. Three times a week I work at 5:30am and the other two could be a 9-6 or 1-10. That is why planning will be very important. Last year, I saw a nutritionist who came up with a plan based on my work schedule, which I already pulled out and will be using as a guide when I start planning my days.  

“Think Healthy Not Just Thin”.

No comments:

Post a Comment